Monday, January 24, 2011

FO: Lacy Rib Socks

These socks were started in July, finished a few weeks ago, and have been hanging out in my gym bag, for some reason.  A few days ago we got a little bit of sunlight, and I quickly took some photos.


Pattern: Lacy Ribs Socks by Wendy Johnson, from Knitting from the Toe Up
Yarn: Knit Picks Imagination, in a forgotten colorway. 60% merino 30% alpaca 10% nylon.
Needles: US 1.5 (two circs)
Mods: purely length.  The stitch pattern was easy to memorize.



The color disparity between these two balls is a little hard to see in this photo, but the sock on the right is much duller than that on the left.  Plus, I have also recently discovered that this yarn USED to be designated a machine washable yarn, and has now been re-classified as a handwash yarn only. Bummer.  I would have made a hat out of this had I known.  These socks were going to be a gift, but not anymore! They will have to live with me.

This pair of socks doesn't count towards my Sock stash knitdown participation, but I am glad to have gotten them done anyway.  One less project on the needles.

I have already cast on for another pair of socks, and as an added bonus the yarn was purchased at Rhinebeck in 2009 when I went with my mom, my aunt, and my sister.  If I do go to Rhinebeck again this year I want to be able to buy some yarn without thinking of the stockpile of yarn from Rhinebecks past.  So I need to knock out several pairs of socks with Rhinebeck yarn, and a few hats as well, to be honest.  But, to be completely honest, I have yarn from the Fiber Fiesta in Albuquerque (2003 or 2004), and the Taos Sheep & Wool Festival (2005).  Ouch.

Yeah. Better get on that.

1 comment: