Sunday, July 17, 2011

Summer Startitis

It seems that my favorite thing to do this summer is to cast on for new projects.  It is all I can do to keep focused on the five projects I have going.  Right now my favorite project is more than halfway done.  It doesn't travel well - beads and tools aren't easy to set up in the car - but it IS gorgeous.



This project comes out of stash - in fact, out of my tremendous sock yarn stash.  I am trying to diligently knit down some serious yardage there.  I am Cold Sheeping again until Rhinebeck, and participating in the Sock Stash Knitdown (SSK) challenge to try to use 12 skeins of sock yarn for the year. So far I have used 5. Yeesh, behind already!

The Jeweled Cowl by Sachiko Uemura is a free pattern on Ravelry, but the designer has asked for people to donate for Japan relief in lieu of payment.  So I will be making a donation to UNICEF. Maybe it was all the trick-or-treating I did in the late 70s to early 80s, but I miss those little cardboard boxes full of pennies.  So UNICEF gets my money this time.

1 comment: