Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Finished Project: Franken Cowl

Rockin' the red lipstick again
Pattern: Brioche Moebius Cowl by Nancy McRay for Woven Art
Yarn: Misti Alpaca Chunky Baby Alpaca in five different colorways
Needles: Addi US 10.5 60 inch circulars
Mods: I used a main color for my cast on and throughout the cowl as color A. I then used five different colorways for color B, effectively using up almost all of my scraps from the four other moebius cowls I have made for friends and family. It is extra wide, extra long, and heaven to wear!

I love the way the different colorways stack and play with each other.


The yellow/grey marl was from deep, deep stash, and was used in both sister-in-law cowls, and in a cowl for a friend in Colorado.  The other colors break down as:

* white - for a friend in CT, and one sister-in-law
* purple - bitter green - orange - my mother's cowl
* plum, olive and grey - the Colorado cowl
* grey - leftover from the houndstooth brioche cowl
* teal - my mother's cowl

It gives me great pleasure that my cowl, the one I am definitely going to keep for myself, is made up of bits and pieces of all the other Brioche Moebius Cowls.  It is divinely soft, incredibly warm, and I think of everyone I knit for when I see it.


I have my favorite spots - where bits of acid green and yellow poke through and toughen up the pastel pinks, greens, and blues.  And if I ever make another one I think I will try very hard to make the ends meet all in one area so that I don't have tuffs of woven-in pieces sticking out all over the cowl.

So my stash is now down 200 yards of scrap yarn that wasn't big enough for anything else! Huzzah!

1 comment:

  1. spectacular, and meaningful! the best of all possible combinations. and- great lipstick!

    ReplyDelete