Saturday, January 21, 2012

Finished Project: Turbulence Cowl

It is hard to believe, but this project was finished at the end of November 2011!  I can't believe I am still catching up with my finished projects.


Project: Turbulence Cowl by Laura Chau available for purchase here.
Yarn: Leftover half skeins of Stonehedge Fiber Mill's Shepherd's Wool (worsted) in Lakeshore (blue) and Granite (grey).
Needles: size US 9
Mods: Because I was running out of yarn I couldn't complete the pattern as written.  I deleted a row here and there, did my last wedge, and then knit until I ran out of both colors. This pattern would be fun to do with a single main color and multiple contrast scraps!


Shepherd's Wool worsted is so soft - perfect against the skin.  It doesn't have a lot of structure to it though, so my cowl is more floppy than the original.  Still, I have found it is a great inner cowl when used in conjunction with my State Fair cowl - a rustic handspun romney that is wonderfully wooly, but not terribly soft.  And yes, the temps in Michigan are starting to dip finally so that two cowls are necessary - Zeby and I went for a walk this morning when it was 5 above.

3 comments:

  1. very pretty cowl, love the colors together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5 above! Yikes, I don't recall it getting that cold when I lived there...or maybe I just blocked it out? Or never checked the weather, more likely :)

    I love the colors of the cowl, the granite really makes the lakeshore pop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors you used. It looks great. I'm really bad at blogging about my finished projects. I'm just getting caught up from last year.

    ReplyDelete