With such a productive and auspicious beginning to 2012 I am excited to see what else this year will bring! I know I have big plans in my head, and I am constantly getting more from my boss (the greatest creative enabler there is) so it is time to make a record. Handily, this also happens to be Carole's Ten on Tuesday subject for the week. I am going to go for a sub-category and list my creative goals for 2012.
- Use 12 skeins of sock yarn in 2012. Yes, this is a repeat from last year, but with my sock yarn stash, it is medically necessary. In 2011 this goal acted as a great creative focus for me.
- Weave 6 projects exploring new techniques on my Rigid Heddle Loom. Possibilities: clasped weft, Theo Moorman, color patterning, and I am sure I can come up with another three, otherwise, hang out with Nancy.
- Dye one blank with a natural dye locally sourced - onion skins, beets, woad, pokeberries, walnuts etc. I don't care if the dye is fugitive.
- Knit something with my own handspun. LORD! If I don't start using my own handspun I am going to be wrapped up like a mummy and buried with it.
- Knit three sweaters for myself - all out of stash. I certainly have the yarn for this goal.
- Design three patterns - any garment/accessory, one with beads.
- Use 13,000 yards out of stash for 2012.
- Teach three new classes that I have never taught before. This requires a lot of work and preparation, but it is GOOD for me! Or so I keep telling myself.
- Start Christmas knitting in January. This should prevent that horrible sinking feeling in October and keep my knitting mojo on a more even keel.
- Try to make coiled yarn. This just looks like fun. It may require a larger orifice for my wheel.
There is never a lack of things to do or try, it is always a matter of finding the time to do it. So an unofficial 11th goal is to give myself studio time - an appointment I keep with myself to realize my goals.
I hope 2012 is a year of thriving creativity for everyone!