Sunday, November 13, 2011

Herringbone

My love of zig zags has reasserted itself in herringbone.  I just can't seem to shake my obsession with the wonderful rhythm of the pattern. I have a pattern lurking around in my head that I want to get down on paper and start knitting. I even have the yarn in my stash, thank goodness! One of the great advantages of a large stash.

This beautifully hand-dyed yarn is older than my marriage by one week - I got it at the Taos Sheep & Wool Festival in October 2005.

Hand dyed by Carol Mullens, NM. 2005

Looking through some of my 2010 travel photos I found this one from Bruges that I love so much.

Herringbone Bricked window, Bruges, Belgium. 2010
I also happen to see the pattern every morning in my bathroom - I had my shower tiled in herringbone pattern when we renovated the second floor of our house. It makes me unreasonably happy considering it is just tile work!


2 comments:

  1. Oh, me too with the herringbone. I want to rip back my Guernsey Wrap and use the yarn to knit Purl Soho's Big Herringbone Cowl. So far I have resisted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @K. That *might* be what I am knitting right now! And let me tell you, it is a wee bit addictive!

    ReplyDelete